Plum Grove in Iowa City was the home of Iowa’s first Territorial Governor, Robert Lucas. The seven-room Greek Revival house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the State of Iowa furnished the home with authentic period pieces representative of the 1844 - 53 period and commissioned a floorcloth for the front hall of the house. The pattern chosen is the same one we made for the Hamilton Grange.
The background color is Raccoon Hollow and the pattern colors are Black, Navajo White, Essex Green and Raccoon Hollow.
Here are photos of the floorcloth in production and installed: